How to Advertise Your Business on Facebook 2020
Advertising on Facebook is worthy now more than ever. With millions of users worldwide and most of them fonfinate in their homes using social media to communicate and trade, this platform has one of the largest databases with detailed information of their users. However, its targeting features allow advertisers to reach the people that are relevant for your business.
Furthermore, you only pay for the ads that accomplished your campaign confirmation within your budget limit. Among the payment options, Facebook ads offers Cost per click (CPC), cost per thousand impressions (CPM), cost per like (CPL) and cost per download (CPA).
Before jumping into advertising on Facebook on your own to put your business in front of your potential customers, there are some basics that you need to know to get the results you expect.Full Stack Woo presents you a complete guide of how to advertise your business on Facebook, step by step.
How to Advertise Your Business on Facebook, Step by Step
1. Choose an objectiveWhen you go to Facebook Ads, the first thing you need to do is to select an objective according to what you want to accomplish. Ask yourself what are your business marketing or sales goals. You can choose between awareness goals or consideration goals.
- Brand awareness: Show your brand to people who might be interested
- Reach: Show your ads to the maximum number of people in your audience
- App installs: Get people to install your app
- Traffic: Make people to visit your site, app or Messenger conversation
- Lead generation: Encourage people to sign up for more info or spend time with your app or website.
- Messages: Motivate people to contact your business through Facebook Messenger
- Engagement: Drive people to follow your Page or interact with your posts with comments, shares and likes.
- Video views: Show your videos to people who are most likely to be interested
2. Select your audienceIn this step you define your audience with three targeting tools, in order to display your ads to the relevance people:
- Core Audiences: target your audience by locations, demographics, interests, behaviour, connections. Remember that Facebook has a massive database of their users, allowing precise targeting.
- Custom Audiences: Facebook Ads allow retargeting by adding a pixel in your website, app or online store. You can reach people that have interacted with your brand previously or have shown interest in a specific product.
- Lookalike Audiences: reach new people who are similar to your current customers.
3. Decide where to run your adDepending on your objective and the kind of experience you want to generate with your ad, you can choose among these placements: News Feed, Facebook Marketplace, Video Feeds, Right Column, Messenger Inbox. Advanced configurations include device type, platform or specific mobile devices and operating systems.
4. Set your budgetYou can run ads campaigns in Facebook at any budget, with a daily or lifetime budget. You have control on how much you want to spend. Every ad gets into the ad auction under the parameters of budget, audience and creative that you set in your campaign. Facebook charges for every ad is delivery to someone.
5. Pick a formatHere you might ask yourself, how would you like your business to be seen or experienced in an ad. Facebook offers different ads formats that you might already be familiar with:
- Photo: a combination of a powerful image and copy
- Video: videos can appear on in-stream, feed or stories
- Stories: immersive ads that bring your business closer to people
- Messenger: these are ads that redirect people to Messenger to start a conversation with your business
- Carousel: this ad allows you to showcase different products with individual links in a single ad
- Slideshow: lightweight videos made of static images
- Collection: with this ad type you can showcase five different products and take your customers to buy without leaving the platform
- Playables: these ads are for mobile devices and allow users to have a preview and a demo of your app before downloading it
6. Place your orderWhen you submit your ad, it goes to the ad auction. When there’s an opportunity to display an ad to someone who’s likely to be interested and might perform a desired action, an auction takes place.
The winner ad is decided on the highest total value. This is the combination of bid -how much the advertiser is willing to pay-, estimation action rates -the person who sees the ad will engage or convert- and ad quality -feedback, language, appearance-. According to Facebook, relevant ads often cost less and see more results.
7. Measure and manage your adFacebook provides analytics to see the performance of your campaigns or individual ads, in order to make adjustments to optimize your ads. You can modify according to the metrics that are most important to you.
How Much Does it Cost to Advertise on FacebookThe cost of an ad on Facebook is determined in the ad auction. In this order, the exact cost of your campaign or individual ad will depend on your goals, audience, relevance of your ad and the bid strategy you implement.
For example, awareness goals have the potential to reach a wide range of people, so these ads usually have a lower cost. But if your intention is to make people convert through your ad (buy, download, signup), these ads have a higher cost. Depending on your goals, you might want to measure cost per click (CPC) or cost per thousand impressions (CPM), which vary in price.
The audience you pick and setup plays an important role in the price of your ads. Facebook is a platform to keep people attention and entertained. Ads are part of the experience platform too. Choosing a relevant audience will decrease the cost of your ads.
Finally, considering there are over 350 audience attributes and you want to get the best out of the money you put in advertising, you need to be relevant and manage biding budgets in a smart way. The ad tha Facebook decides to place is not with the highest bid, but with the highest value.
If you’re not familiar with PPC campaigns, we have experts that will maximize your budget for you to provide a high ROI.
ConclusionApart from Google Ads, Facebook is the second largest advertising platform to promote your business and products with precise targeting. However, consider contacting an experienced PPC agency to manage your campaigns to get the maximus results according to your budget and goals, since ads value depends on factors that include good design, savvy analytics and experienced bid management.
How to Advertise Your Business on Facebook for FreeEvery business should be on Facebook and have a presence in multiple social media networks, regardless if it counts with a website or not. Social media have the power to engage people and potential customers at other level. Also, it’s very likely that people search for your business page to see the legitimacy of your business and know more about you and establish communication.
Create a business pageThis is your business profile. Make sure you provide as much information as possible for users. Some basics are address, phone number, website, business hours and a description.
Post regularlyYou should keep an online presence by posting content regularly, at least once in the day. Create a social media strategy that focuses on interesting and valuable content for your users. Create a content calendar to plan your content creation, schedule posting and track performance. Syndicate the content of your blog, if you have one in your website.
Promote your pageInclude your social media channels in your website and mail signatures. Encourage current customers to like your page and run tactics that encourage people to follow you on social media, e.g.: invite people to check-in on social media when they visit your store.
Be social and engage your usersCreate quality content that starts a conversation and promote interactions and sharings, answer queries and comments. Create content with an intention and be creative. Remember you are communicating directly with your audience. Make use of seasons and context to promote your business and products. Post stories, they make people feel closer to you.
Join groupsCreate a network of other professionals and businesses that help you leverage your presence. Use Facebook search to find them. Think about keywords related to your industry or interests of your audience.
Create events and live streamsReach new audiences or get to know your current one by sharing your knowledge or showing some behind the scenes.
If you want to boost your presence in social media platforms or run ads on Facebook, Instagram and their associated networks, contact us to design a social media strategy or a pay per click campaign that put your business in front of the right audience to increase your revenue.
Check these alternative advertising platforms that could fit better your products or reach other types of audiences.