Yoast SEO and its useYoast SEO is a plug-in for WordPress that offers the most comprehensive tools to help you write great content and consider certain ranking factors to optimize a website. When you write content for your website, it is easy to forget that you must write for both your visitors and search engines algorithms. For instance, Yoast identifies keyword density, internal linking and assets your metadata (among other factors), providing signals to writers and webmasters. Nevertheless, the creative process, the accuracy of the content and final decisions still rely on humans. Counting with an SEO agency is the right move if you want to rank higher in search results. They must put at your service a team of experts that make things easier for you and your business, using and mixing advanced properties of multiple SEO tools. Yet, if you want to give it a try on your own, here some information about the top features of Yoast SEO.
How do install YOAST?
- Log into your WordPress account.
- Go to Plugins -> Add New -> Search for “YOAST”
- Once installed, click the “Configuration Wizard” to go through each step to get everything set up.
Top features of Yoast SEO
- Paragraph Structure: Yoast will analyze your content and tell you if your paragraphs are too long, too short, and if they need more transitions.
- Keyword Density: If your post contains too many or too few keywords, then your rankings in the Search Engine Results Pages (SERP) will be affected. Yoast SEO will tell you how often you should be adding keywords.
- Flesch-Kincaid Reading Ease: Content that is easy to be read is statistically proven to have higher retention rates and more frequent visitors. Yoast SEO analyzes your sentence structures to make sure you are creating easy-to-read content.
- Meta and Link Elements: This tool will allow you to show which pages you would like to be shown on Google and pages you would like to be hidden.
- XML Sitemaps : A sitemap will essentially work as a roadmap to your site and leads Google to your most important sites. Yoast SEO creates an XML Sitemap for you.
- Breadcrumbs: Breadcrumbs help your site because it allows users to navigate your site easier, which in turn, enhances their user experience. Yoast SEO will output JSON-LD data in the source code.